Date: 5/3/17 6:41 am
From: Herschel Raney <herschel.raney...>
Subject: In the vagaries
and wonder of migration, this morning, a single Magnolia Warbler calling
just east of the yard: /wii teee which tewww/. Repeatedly. Some silent
Philadelphia Vireos and Tennessee Warblers and Warbling Vireos still
moving through. A quiet Redstart.

Yesterday you could barely hear the Magnolias above the cacophony, today
he has it all to himself except the locals and I.

Well, someone else has them now anyway. Or no one watches them passing
in some quiet forest in Cleburne or Baxter county. I am glad to have fed
them with my caterpillar crop-stop just briefly.

Herschel Raney

Conway AR

Join us on Facebook!