Date: 5/3/17 5:57 am
From: Anderson, Leif E -FS <leanderson...>
Subject: Marbled Godwits
Greetings all,
I helped on the Johnson co bird count yesterday. A great day of 15 hrs birding and 125+ sp. Highlight was 3 Marbled Godwits amongst a couple hundred shorebirds, in the Hartman Bottoms.

To reach them take Hwy 64 to Hartman. Turn South on Main St. In 0.7 miles turn Left on co rd 2140. This winds around and becomes the AR River levee. You can go about 14 miles on the levee before it ends.

Pay attention to the new no trespassing signs! Lots of nice co rds to travel, so don't branch off into the field rds. I found that I could go everywhere I wanted to, just staying on the county rds.

Most of the roads are above water, with only one that is flooded.

Thurs is Pope co migration count, if you want to join the fun.

Leif, back at Hector