Date: 5/2/17 1:25 pm
From: JFR <johnfredman...>
Subject: BLACKPOLL WARBLER IN PINE BLUFF
For the past two mornings I have been able to observe and photograph a male Blackpoll Warbler in breeding plumage on Wilbur West Road in Pine Bluff. This handsome bird is a new one for me. He has been foraging in a thick belt of mature willows and ash trees along the west end of the road. Yesterday, he foraged high in the branches, but today was low and in great light, which afforded an opportunity for clear photos. It is of interest that exactly one year ago i was able to photograph a male and female Blackburnian Warbler in the same low location. If anyone is interested, I will be glad to share the photos of the Blackpoll.
John Redman

Join us on Facebook!