Date: 5/1/17 6:25 pm
From: <SCHMID_R...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Towl Park Kentucky Warbler + 5 other warblers
On Mon May 1 at about 4:30pm, I made a "quick" stop at Towl Park (Douglas Co, Omaha, 96th & Center). Three hours later I had been joined by five of my birding friends, and we were still finding birds. Things were slow when I first arrived, but once the sun came out, things started hopping...literally.

Most of the birds were clear at the north end of the park. Highlights were:

Belted Kingfisher (1 flyover)
Red-headed Woodpecker (1)
Eastern Phoebe (1)
Ruby-crowned Kinglet (~6)
Kentucky Warbler (1 male - foraging low along the water)
Common Yellowthroat (1 male)
Black-and-white Warbler (1)
Northern Waterthrush (1 or 2)
Orange-crowned Warblers
Yellow-rumped Warblers
Lincoln's Sparrows
Song Sparrow (1)
Chipping Sparrow (1)
White-crowned Sparrow (1)

I didn't try to count the OCWAs, YRWAs or LISPs because I was retracing my steps looking for the KEWA for so long that my count wouldn't have been accurate.

Good birding - Rick

Join us on Facebook!