Date: 5/1/17 6:54 am
From: Dan Scheiman <birddan...>
Subject: ASCA Field Trip May 6, Southeast Little Rock
On the heels of Saturday's Audubon Society of Central Arkansas field trip comes this Saturday's field trip to the Little Rock Audubon Center and other places in southeast Little Rock. Meet at 7:30 a.m. in Gillam Park at the end of Gillam Park Rd. Gillam has great habitat for spring warblers and other migrants. There will be moderate walking on fairly level, but possibly muddy trails. When finished at Gillam, we’ll drive to the Little Rock Audubon Center and walk the wildlife observation trail. Last, we’ll head to Industrial Harbor Road and Terry Lock & Dam to look for Western Kingbirds and Painted Buntings. This is a morning trip. Bring water and snacks. Wear sturdy walking shoes or hiking boots.

Directions—Gillam Park is near the airport at 5300 Gillam Park Road. Take I-30 West heading south from Little Rock. Then exit onto I-440 going towards the airport. Take Exit 1-Springer Blvd. At the bottom of the exit ramp, turn left onto Springer. Go approximately 1 mile to just past the LRAC. Turn right onto Gillam Park Road. Follow it into the park to the last parking lot past the swimming pool. We'll caravan and carpool from there.

May 6 is also the date I'm compiling Pulaski Co. sightings for the annual spring migration count. If you bird anywhere in Pulaski Co. on Saturday, even your yard after ASCA's trip, please send me your list complete with a tally of each species and the amount of time you spent watching. Excel spreadsheet preferred. Downloaded eBird list even better.

Dan Scheiman

Little Rock, AR

Join us on Facebook!