Date: 5/1/17 6:29 am
From: Joseph Neal <joeneal...>
Subject: DEVIL’S DEN SP FIELD TRIP SATURDAY MAY 6, 2017 +++
This coming weekend is Birder's Weekend at Devil's Den State Park along Lee Creek in the Boston Mountains near Winslow. I am leading an easy Saturday May 6 bird walk in the park. Meet in the parking area at the lower Devil's Den Trailhead by Lee Creek bridge on Saturday morning at 9 am. This generally lasts a couple of hours. This is a peak period for spring bird migration, so we often see a bunch of birds. This walk is just one of quite a few events over the weekend. Karen Garrett usually leads several interesting bird walks over the two days. Check with the park for details. All events are free and open to the public. Everyone is welcome, beginners to experts. If you need a map, Google: 11333 West AR Hwy 74 West Fork, AR 72774. You can also check out the Northwest Arkansas Audubon Society web site for a park description: http://media.tripod.lycos.com/2020453/950081.pdf

The following weekend is probably the migration peak for the whole year. Arkansas Audubon Society will hold its annual spring meeting, this year in Mount Magazine SP, with a bunch of fabulous field trips, programs, etc. I’m leading one of these field trips, on Friday afternoon, May 12, to the prairies near Charleston. Details about all of this – including many more birdy field trips and informative talks about birds -- on Arkansas Audubon Society web site.

That weekend of May 13-14 is also typically associated with International Migratory Shorebird Day. As in past years, Mike Mlodinow coordinates this effort in Benton and Washington counties. This involves all day birding in specific areas in the two counties. If you want to participate, contact Mike as soon as possible: <mamlod...><mailto:<mamlod...>.

Join us on Facebook!