Date: 4/28/17 6:18 am
From: Karen Holliday <ladyhawke1...>
Subject: ASCA Field Trip-NEW MEETING SITE!
First, the ASCA field trip Saturday to Bell Slough WMA is still on.  However, I'm moving our meeting site to the Mayflower commuterlot on the east side of I-40 West at Exit 135.  Meet there at 7:30 a.m.  We are going to bird the north end of Bell Slough by walking across the Lake Conway Dam spillway.  We have to meet at the commuter lot to consolidate into as few vehicles as possible.  The lower parking lot at the dam is flooded, which means very limited parking at the spillway.  There is some flooding at the far end of the trail, so knee boots are recommended.

The reason for the change is that yesterday afternoon my trusty scout Michael Linz checked Bell South-the main entrance, and found it flooded, with water over the boardwalks.  With more rain predicted tonight it will be worse on Saturday.  We'll have higher ground at Bell north.  Yesterday morning Michael and Allan Mueller birded Bell north/spillway and found 10 species of warblers and multiple vireos.  If we get that short, rain-free window on Saturday morning, we could easily pick up a nice list of birds.  Bring your rain jackets and boots and let's pretend we are ducks!Feel free to email me off-list or call if you have questions.  Cell is 920.3246.
Karen Holliday
ASCA Field Trip Coordinator
Maumelle/Little Rock

Join us on Facebook!