Date: 4/28/17 5:17 am
From: Jacque Brown <bluebird2...>
Subject: Re: U of A Farm this Evening
Good morning,
I will bird at various local areas this weekend.

It’s raining now but after I take the dog for his 8:30 vet appt this morning, late morning and this afternoon I’m sticking around Centerton, and maybe Lake Atalanta, up near the spring and the upper trail behind the bathrooms usually are the most productive. And a small chance of flooded roads or bicycles. With a side trip to Compton Gardens in Bentonville to see if the Dutchman’s Pipe are up.

Saturday will be a bird by car day around Vaughn, I doubt I’ll be able to drive into the hatchery as the day goes on because Fish Hatchery Rd will most likely be flooding as some point, I can look at the ditch behind my house and see how flooded. But there are ways to avoid that street to get further south.

After a lot of rain I no longer drive around the fish hatchery between ponds on the grass, once things get really soggy, due to the clay base it make driving them super slick. It seems this year is worse about that than in the past. Even on some of the berms that have been graveled it can be scary slick. That's mostly on the south side.

Sunday I’m going to Lake Fayetteville, the rain is supposed to slack off early and be just another rainy birding day. Jacque Brown, Centerton

> On Apr 27, 2017, at 9:44 PM, Mitchell Pruitt <0000000b4ac30a99-dmarc-request...> wrote:
>
> I made a quick drive through the U of A farm this evening and saw some of the same goodies that those before me had yesterday, although in lesser number. One STUNNING American Avocet lingered, in the company of 3-5 Spotted Sandpiper, 4 Upland Sandpiper, 1 Lesser Yellowlegs, lots-o Blue-winged Teal, and 1 Ruddy Duck. I managed to get a little muddy and came away with some nice Avocet photos.
>
> We will see how these fields fare in the predicted weekend onslaught of rain. I suspect we’ll have some more downed spring migrants (not to be confused with “drowned” spring migrants, which could happen too).
>
> Mitchell Pruitt
> Fayetteville

Join us on Facebook!