Date: 4/21/17 6:32 am
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Summer yard residents returning
Hi all,

Today the "lower box" House Wren returned and is singing in our bottom garden next to the nest box. The "upper box" wren usually arrives a week or so later. I doubt these are the same birds year after year but the timing of their arrival is remarkably consistent.

Also had a Catbird singing from the cypress so he, too, is back. Still Whitethroats about but the Juncos left over a week ago. No sign yet of our Swifts, which seem to be able to find a nesting site even though almost everyone in the neighborhood has capped their chimneys.

Gail Mackiernan
Colesville, MD

Sent from my iPad