Date: 4/21/17 5:05 am
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Sick Hummer
As far as I know it is illegal for you to catch it, unless someone knows otherwise. Presumably the rehab staff are allowed to do their work but I thought they had to have the bird caught by someone with a permit.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

<acontrer56...>

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 21, 2017, at 1:11 AM, Susan Deagle <sdeagle...> wrote:
>
> We have one male Anna's that has been coming to our feeder regularly...about 2 days ago he started sitting on the perch for hours at a time, bill pointed straight up and body bobbing a bit, like he was panting. He'd try to drink but I don't think he was successful. I called Audubon after I found on line that he probably has a fungal infection of his tongue which is now swollen and protruding from his beak. They said if we could catch it somehow and bring it into the wildlife rehab center, they could treat it. There's the rub: we have no idea how to catch it. We have no net. It's still well enough to fly away to our nearby crabapple when we get too close. It's been SO hard to watch this poor little guy who is essentially starving to death. He's struggling. This is almost too much for me...any suggestions? I know, I know....because nature. Still, my soft heart is breaking for this little guy.
> Susie Deagle
>

> Sent from my iPhonePOST: Send your post to <obol...>

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!