Date: 4/21/17 4:39 am
From: Herbert Larner via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Birding Augusta Wetlands & Swoope this morning .

Hello all

I got a late start because of an early morning Dentist appt . but I did
manage to catch up to Paul Callo , Emily & Laura who are in for a Mary
Baldwin reunion . I hope I got the last ones name correct . Losing the mind
. Any way wefound a few birds out at the wetlands . The best by being a
Wood Duck with at least 6 young & a Blue - gray Gnatcatcher nest building
almost complete . Next we traveled to Swoope to Smith's Pond where we found
a few shorebirds . Here we had Greater Yellowlegs - 3 , Lesser Yellowlegs
-- 5 , Solitary Sandpiper -- 2 , Spotted Sandpiper -- 4 , Least sandpiper --
2 & as we were leaving I heard a Bobolink which we found . The Bald Eagles
were not found today .

This Saturday I will be leading a field trip at Gyspy Hill Park at 8 am .
Meet at the Tennis Courts . All are welcome . Also on April 29th a
Saturday the Augusta Bird Club is having their annual BIG SPRING DAY which
still has many open areas that need to be filled . Contact Allen Larner at
this e mail address or <birdergonewild...> if you are interested in an
area .

Allen Larner

Staunton