Date: 4/21/17 3:53 am
From: <flyingcarlini...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Neale Woods field trip Sun. 4/23
Ranging from uplands to bottomlands, the mature forest at Neale Woods provides excellent habitat along the Missouri River corridor at the north edge of Omaha. Join Wachiska Audubon for a spring hike through both the picturesque hills and the massive old trees along the river, where we'll keep our eyes peeled for resident Pileated Woodpeckers and early migrants such as sparrows and warblers. While this private nature preserve straddles the county line, the majority of our hike will be in Washington County.

Meet at 8:00 a.m. Sunday, April 23 on the south side of the State Capitol in Lincoln at 15th and H streets across the street from the governor's mansion. Participants can either caravan or carpool to our destination. Anyone preferring to meet in Omaha can join the group around 9:15 at the Krimlovsky parking lot on the east side of Road P51 next to its intersection with Road P40. Suggested items include a water bottle, insect repellent, and binoculars if you have them. Admission fees are: free for Fontenelle Forest members, for non-members $9.50 adults, $8.50 seniors (62+), $7.50 child/student (2-17), and free for children under 2. The public is welcome.

-John Carlini, Lincoln

Join us on Facebook!