Date: 4/20/17 8:15 pm
From: Andrew Burnett <aburnett9180...>
Subject: Piping Plover and Glossy Ibis - Neosho WA
This afternoon 4-20-17, I observed 9 Piping Plovers on the mudflats of the
draining refuge pool. At least 2 of the individuals were banded.

I was also able to observe a flock of 82 White-faced Ibis. Within that
flock there was a single Glossy Ibis. There were 3 or 4 others that would
be good candidates for hybrids.

During my 2 hours I observed 19 species of shorebirds, include 2
White-rumped Sandpipers.

I won't finish uploading photos and notes until tomorrow, but here is the
eBird checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S36129978

A flooding rain event is predicted starting early AM 4-21-17 this could
have an adverse effect on the area.

Andrew Burnett
rural Erie, KS

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html