Date: 4/20/17 7:48 pm
From: Brenda Wright <coenbrenda...> [wsbn] <wsbn-noreply...>
Subject: [wsbn] Grace's Warblers
Greetings, Grace's Warblers are now in the ponderosa pines north of Nucla. Brenda and I heard six and got good looks at three of them. The exact location is on the Nucla/Delta Road at mile marker 33 and in either direction for a mile or so. Location is 9 miles northeast of Nucla.
The quiz photos taken on the 117th were of a Northern Pygmy-Owl found near Uravan along CO-141 and a Gray Vireo found northwest of Gateway three miles and in Mesa County. Most of you were on top of the two IDs. Gray Vireos can be confusing unless one gets a good view and knows the song. Our GRVI was singing away and two days earlier than the record early date.
Yesterday, at a farm pond near Norwood along CO-145 but still in Montrose County, we did find a single Long-billed Dowitcher and a Franklin's Gull.Good birding,Coen and Brenda

Join us on Facebook!