Date: 4/20/17 7:15 pm
From: Wade Snyder <dry_fly_fisherman1...>
Subject: Jefferson Co. Lesser Yellowlegs & Spring Gobbler
After work this evening I ran by the Burr Industrial Park ponds and a pair of Lesser Yellowlegs were foraging around the larger pond edges. As I was watching them I could hear a Grasshopper Sparrow singing somewhere in the background. I left there to drive on home and in an open field on Daniel Road a male spring gobbler was strutting his stuff with four hens surrounding him. He would quickly do a full display only to have no lookers, deflate and then in a blink would puff back up again. A steady downpour was beginning at that point and the flock moved on towards the woods.

N. Wade Snyder

Shenandoah Junction

<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

Join us on Facebook!