Date: 4/20/17 7:15 pm
From: Ken Wills <Memontei...> [albirds] <albirds-noreply...>
Subject: [ALBIRDS] Another attack on Forever Wild-Another email is needed from you!

Hello all,

I have good news and bad news regarding Forever Wild, the state's conservation land acquisition program. Our recent emails of opposition were able slow HB 473 down in committee, but the anti Conservation forces have introduced several others bills that would require Forever Wild to pay land taxes despite the fact that all other state owned lands including university lands do not have to pay taxes. This would cripple funding for Forever Wild as time goes by. The latest version of this anti-Conservation bill to be introduced is H.B. 502. It is scheduled to go to committee next week, so please use the ready made form in the action alert at this link http://www.conservationalabama.org/action/#/14 to send you State Representative and Senator a message asking them to vote no on HB 502 and all other efforts to alter the successful Forever Wild Program. As one of the forum participants pointed out, despite the last alert from Conservation Alabama saying contact your Representatives, it actually targeted the committee members who would be reviewing H.B. 473. They should have worded that alert differently so as to avoid confusion. However, sending emails to the Committee was evidently effective. In regards to this alert on HB 502, the form is set up to send emails directly to your State Senator and Representative. Please once again, as soon as you can and before next week, take a minute to send them the ready made email in opposition to efforts to degrade the Forever Wild Program. It could make all the difference in preserving the program which has acquired and protected natural areas all over the state in the last two decades and will hopefully continue to do so with our help.

Enjoy and Conserve the Creation,
Ken Wills

For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life,---Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Mathew 6:25-26

Join us on Facebook!