Date: 4/20/17 6:30 pm
From: Juliet Berger <juliet.berger...>
Subject: [birders] Report on WAS Spring Migration Walk at the Arb today
Birders and Friends,
Despite the thunderstorms just prior to our start time, we managed to stay
relatively dry during our whole bird walk this morning. 8 brave souls came
out for the birding, and we were eventually rewarded for our efforts. We
heard the haunting song of the continuing Winter Wren at the second inlet
off Dow Prairie, which has been there for many weeks. We all had good looks
at a Towhee at the east end of Dow. And, though we chased several singing
Pine Warblers, we never managed to lay bins on one. They are there, folks,
though, no doubt. We happened upon a small migrant flock on the Ridge
Trail, with Ruby-crowned Kinglets, 2 Blue-headed Vireo, Yellow-rumped
Warblers, and Blue-gray Gnatcatcher. We had some good looks at a
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker in the Heathdale area.
This marks the fourth Thursday that rain has affected our field trip.
Let's hope for better weather next Thursday, and more warblers! I hope to
see many of you there, same time, same place, through the end of May.

Good Birding,

Juliet Berger
Washtenaw Audubon Society

Setting options from the command line is explained in the User Guide:

https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/user User Guide
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/faquser FAQ

To search the archive and view jpeg images:
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/arc/birders

birders is hosted by the Great Lakes Information Network (GLIN):

http://www.glin.net

All views and opinions presented above are solely those
of the author or attributed source and do not necessarily
reflect those of GLIN or the Great Lakes Commission.