Date: 4/20/17 6:04 pm
From: John Cecil <jcecil01...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Silent Auction
Hello fellow birders,

I am going to be holding the Silent Book Auction this spring at our meeting
on the 5th-7th of May.

Please take a look through your own personal collections and see if there
are any books that you are ready to pass on for a good cause. Any book
related to natural science is welcome. Used optics, outdoor apparel and
other nature related gear is all welcome. Please refrain from bringing old
magazines, newsletters, and cassette tapes as these rarely resell and go
into the dumpster or recycling. Art is often a good seller as well but
please be mindful that images of very common birds usually gain no bids (I
have a growing collection of Mallard, Cardinal, and Canada Good prints
stacked in my basement.)

All of the proceeds go to help support our publications costs. We have
raised an average of over $400 a meeting which is a huge help to our
organization. Please bring the books on Friday evening, if you are able, so
i can get everything set up.

I am really looking forward to this meeting and I hope to see many of you
in a just a few weeks!

Thank you,

John Cecil