Date: 4/20/17 4:38 pm
From: Kevin Groeneweg <kgroeneweg...>
Subject: Quivira & Cheyenne Bottoms
Tom Ewert, Bill Langley, Ernie Misek and I visited Quivira NWR and Cheyenne Bottoms today with a few notable finds. At the pond along NE 140th north of the blacktop we had a Glossy Ibis among over 100 White-faced Ibis. On the wildlife loop drive we saw 17 Piping Plovers. There were probably more, but 17 was the most seen at one count. We saw a Dunlin and a Stilt Sandpiper and a few Willets. The peeps were mostly Semipalmated Sandpipers, with one Western seen. At CB the Bank Swallows were in abundance, and we had a Cinnamon Teal. Not many shorebirds visible from the dike roads with all the water.

Kevin GroenewegWichita

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>