Date: 4/20/17 4:04 pm
From: Craig Kesselheim <ckesselheim...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Birds in Aroostook County today
Hi all -- Got up to Aroostook County this morning. One lone Osprey was on
its nest platform above a frozen marsh in Sherman (I-95 northbound). A few
waterfowl were in the Mars Hill in-town pond (Prestile Stream).

Late afternoon I got out onto the Lake Josephine dike in Easton. The lake
is entirely frozen, but the marshes south of the dike have tiny bits of
open water. Along the dike the birds included:

- 1 Osprey hovering and diving into a distant marsh
- 1 male Belted Kingfisher
- 1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet
- 1 pair of Gadwall
- 6 G-w Teal