Date: 4/20/17 3:51 pm
From: Paul Wells <pfwells51...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Vesper Sparrows @Kennebunk Plains
A chilly late-afternoon walk around the perimeter of the south portion of
the Maguire Road section of the Kennebunk Plains was pretty non-birdy (a
couple of bluebirds, a GBH flyover, a Phoebe or two) until we got to the
road underneath the power lines at the southeast end. That area was
bubbling with Vesper Sparrows in the scrub growth alongside the road. There
must have been at least two dozen flitting around, with many others singing
away out of sight on either side of us. I don't think I'd ever seen nearly
that many at one time before.

pfw
Paul F. Wells
West Kennebunk, ME
USA

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
--Albert
Schweitzer