Date: 4/20/17 3:34 pm
From: Gwen Baluss <gwenbaluss...> [Eaglechat] <Eaglechat-noreply...>
Subject: [Eaglechat] Upcoming Saturday Juneau Audubon Society Bird Walks & Field Trips
Please join us this Saturday on our weekly bird walk at Auke Rec/Pt. Louisa.  Free event.  All are welcome.  Refresh your memory of our local migrants and their songs and hone your identification skills for the months to come!  Please bring binoculars and layers of clothing for the weather.

April 22- Bird walk. Auke Village Recreation Area and Point Louisa. Leader: local expert Gus Van Vliet; Meet near the large covered shelter. 8 AM

April 29 - No walk. Berners Bay cruise. 8:15 AM. Tickets available at Hearthside books. See website for more info  http://www.juneau-audubon-society.org/
Volunteer naturalists will be on board: Heidi Pearson, UAS professor - marine mammals; Laurie Craig - ranger extraordinaire; Christina Mounce - fisheries expert; Amy Courtney - bird guide
May 6 - Juneau Community Garden. International Migratory Bird Day Celebration. Bird banding and other activities with Gwen Baluss. All ages welcome  but the activity is especially fun for kids.  8 - 11 AM.

May13- No walk. Berners Bay cruise. 8:15 AM. Tickets available at Hearthside books. See website for more info  http://www.juneau-audubon-society.org/Volunteer naturalists will be on board: Ernestine Hayes- author and sharer of native cultural knowledge;  Brenda Wright, Bev Agler and Patty Rose- local bird experts
May 20- Bird walk. Eagle Beach. Leader: Local expert Mark Schwan. 8 AM.

JAS is still seeking bird walk leaders for late May and June. Please contact <field-trips...> if interested.

Join us on Facebook!