Date: 4/20/17 1:36 pm
From: Kleb Woods (Commissioner Pct. 3) <KlebWoods...>
Subject: [texbirds] Kleb Woods bus trip tomorrow- seats available
There are 10 seats available on the Kleb Woods birding bus trip tomorrow, April 21 from 7 AM to 7 PM. Participants must be at least 50 years old to attend. See details below. If you would like to attend, just show up at Kleb Woods in the morning and we will fill the available seats in the order you arrive.
The bus will leave the Kleb Woods parking lot (20303 Draper Rd. Tomball, TX 77377) at 7:00 AM, so please arrive before then with enough time to use the restroom and get settled on the bus. It is recommended that you arrive no later than 6:30 AM. We will first drive to Galveston, stopping at Offatts Bayou to look for any lingering loons and at LaFitte's Cove to look for migrating warblers, vireos, tanagers, etc. Then we will take the ferry over to Bolivar. Bolivar Flats has had several interesting birds lately, including Long-tailed Duck, Parasitic Jaeger, Iceland Gull, and Great Black-backed Gull. We will end the day at Anahuac NWR, where we will see whistling-ducks, ibis and spoonbills, herons and egrets, rails, etc. This itinerary should give us a high number of species for the day! The bus will return to the Kleb Woods parking lot at 7:00 PM.

We will be having a picnic lunch for this trip. In addition to a lunch, drinks, and snacks, don't forget to bring comfortable clothing, hats, sunscreen, bug spray, binoculars, cameras, scopes, and your favorite field guide.

Thanks,

Kendra Kocab
Naturalist: Kleb Woods Nature Center
Commissioner Steve Radack