Date: 4/20/17 1:07 pm
From: Patricia Wood <pwood...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Yellow-crowned Night-herons on nest in Sligo!
A little while ago, I walked in Sligo between Piney Branch and Carroll. About half way, where the sidewalk is along the road, I spotted one heron poking at the twigs of a nest over the road then settling down into it (where you could only see the top of the head showing), while another perched near by. THEN I notice two more perched up higher, not far away, and there seemed to be twigs under their feet. Maybe another nest! Very exciting to see on nest finally.

Other nice birds--towhee, b-g gnatcatcher, Myrtle warbler, chipping sparrow.

Patricia Wood
Silver Spring