Date: 4/20/17 1:08 pm
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: Martha Stewart I presume?
When I got up this morning I saw the chubby female Bluebird sitting on
the food tray, looking bedraggled from the soft rain. There was nothing
to eat since I had covered up the sunflower chips. As soon as I put out
mealworms both she and her mate got busy carrying them back to the
nest. At one point she came back with a fecal sac and deposited it on
the corner of the tray. Was she showing off her house keeping skills?
She still has that endearing habit of sitting on the kitchen window sill
and peeking in almost as if to ask "Whatcha doing?" Miss smarty pants
knows full well that I will drop everything and give her more worms.

Bluejays are around in groups of five or more. Their gathering seems
to coincide with the blooming of the dogwoods.

The Phoebe in the subdivision next door seems to be sitting on her
eggs. I peeked in there this morning and she just looked back at us and
stayed put.

Sofar only Downies consuming the Hummingbird nectar that I put out last
week.

A while ago I was finishing up mowing a certain area when I noticed
something sitting on some piled wood and then jumping off. I stopped
and got off to get a better look and was thrilled to find a gorgeous
little Gray Tree Frog. There was one on my screen door last year but
this was the first time I was able to hold one in my hand and admire
those toe pads. Their belly is always cold no matter what the temperature.

Bruni Haydl

Charles Town, WV

Join us on Facebook!