Date: 4/20/17 12:48 pm
From: 'Marj. Rines' <marj...> [arlingtonbirds] <arlingtonbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [Arlington Birds] Menotomy Bird Club trip to Brooks Estate
It was fairly quiet for birds today at the Brooks Estate in Medford, but
there were definite highlights. On the pond we admired a group of Wood
Ducks (5 males and a female, so let's hope the rest of the females are
brooding somewhere!) on the pond. Great looks at both Ruby-crowned and
Golden-crowned kinglets, and a noisy Blue-gray Gnatcatcher foraged
nearby. There were a couple of Pine Warblers (our only warbler species),
and in the cemetery there was an obliging towhee.

Most people had parked on the street, but I had parked inside, and on my
way back to the car I heard a House Wren singing in the Stump Dump.
Afterwards I went to the boat club parking lot between Upper and Lower
Mystic Lake and the cormorant count was up over 130, and we watched both
Tree and Barn swallows foraging for insects over the spillway.

--
Marj. Rines
Woburn, MA

Posted by: "Marj. Rines" <marj...>