Date: 4/20/17 11:55 am
From: Jim Leonard <photojleonard...>
Subject: [obol] Photos: Photo Sequence GB Heron Catches & Eats Large Carp
I was a little bored at Baskett Slough NWR yesterday so I thought I would
watch a Great Blue Heron nearby to see if it would catch a fish. The heron
was about 30 feet away from this small island when it saw movement in the
water by the island and flew over and pounced on this large Carp. It drug
it close to the island and then impaled it with its bill. It tried to
swallow the fish several times over a 15-20 minute period. I really thought
it was going to give up but nature surprised me again and it swallowed it
whole. I don't think it will need a meal for a while. Photos by Jim Leonard.

https://goo.gl/photos/1qA2t2tJCXQ5fddF8

Join us on Facebook!