Date: 4/20/17 11:58 am
From: David Rupp <david_rupp...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Burkhart Creek County Park, Morgan County
I took a group of birders from Bedford, Bloomington, and Martinsville on a morning birding walk today at Burkhart Creek County Park. This relatively new park is located between Martinsville and Paragon in southwestern Morgan County. It offers nice hiking paths and mixed habitat (wetland, grassland, forest, and edge). Because of the layout of the park, birds can usually be seen pretty well from the trails with a little persistence.

While many of these species have been reported earlier, I had a fair number that are first of the year for me, including White-eyed and Warbling Vireos, Wood Thrush, Blue-winged and Yellow Warblers, Indigo Bunting, and Orchard Oriole. The complete eBird list for our outing can be found here: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S36119418

Here is the park website for more info, maps and directions: http://morgancountyparks.org/parks/burkhart/index.shtml

David Rupp
Bloomington, IN

Join us on Facebook!