Date: 4/20/17 8:06 am
From: Sally Nelson <nelson_sm...>
Subject: [obol] Violent Green Swallows, Silhouette Warblers, Rear-tailed Evaders
From the mists of the past, I recall two humorous and extremely well done bird "guides" which had pages on the subject-line birds, as well as the Will family. The latter comprised the Will (conjectural), Poorwill, Whippoorwill, and Chuck Will's Widow, the calls of which have same number of syllables as their names.

I liked it because its amusement came from actual birding experiences, such as (unidentifiable (until they sing)) warblers silhouetted in treetops. Unfortunately, I can't find my book at the moment or remember its title or author. Anyone else remember them? Or remember books that had paper pages ;-}

Regards,
Sally Nelson
Creswell

Join us on Facebook!