Date: 4/20/17 7:53 am
From: wrenyen <medea.steinman...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Kestrels Abound Downeast
Just wanted to remark that I've seen more kestrels in the last few days
than I've seen in Maine altogether. On Tuesday morning there was one on my
neighbor's rooftop in Franklin as I left to go paddling on the 'Guagus.
Crossing the Deblois blueberry barrens about 45 minutes later there were
three on the wires. Coming back that evening there were now five on the
wires. The next morning there was one on a wire in Jonesboro. Felt like
the old days when I lived in New Mexico!