Date: 4/20/17 7:30 am
From: Doug Wentzel <djw105...>
Subject: April 19th Migration Morning bird walk at Shaver's Creek; and Birding Cup update
Greetings all,

The rain did not clear out as it did last week, but we still enjoyed the walk, the social birding and bird watching. Twenty-nine of us (I think we had representatives from 8 different decades of life) checked out the lake and recorded Common Loons, Osprey and three species of swallows. Along the boardwalk trail, highlights included Yellow-rumped Warblers, Ruby-crowned Kinglets and a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher among others. Thanks to Wiscoy for Animals for their continued support, and we’ll meet again on Wednesday, April 26 at 7 am at the Stone Valley main office side of Lake Perez.

In Birding Cup news, eight teams have registered to date: The Robin Hooded Mergansers, Red-rumped Irruptives, Bad Optics, Sanibel Sandpeckers, Tick McGreer & The Kickers, Todd Bird Club, Not So Swifts, and Raiders of the Lost Lark. To add your team to the list, see http://www.shaverscreek.org/public-programs-and-events/birding-cup/birding-cup-team-registration/ <http://www.shaverscreek.org/public-programs-and-events/birding-cup/birding-cup-team-registration/>

best,
Doug

Shaver's Creek Env. Center--Boardwalk, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, US
Apr 19, 2017 6:50 AM - 8:40 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
38 species