Date: 4/19/17 6:40 pm
From: <wtownsend...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Stonington to Southwest Harbor
Wed. 4/19/17
Cruised from Billings Marine in Stonington to Hinckley Boat is Southwest Harbor. Mostly cloudy, light wind, 42 deg. 2 ft. seas. Total time 2 hours. Somewhat lackluster birding but there were enough to keep an observer busy.
Common Loon: 21
Great Cormorant: 8 all on buoys
Double-crested Cormorant: 32
Common Eider: 220
Long-tailed Duck: 6
Bald Eagle: 4 all on different islands
Sharp-shinned Hawk: 2 passing up the coast, one off Swans Island and one off Bass Harbor Head
Ring-billed Gulls, Herring Gulls, Great Black-backed Gulls, tallied but not totaled.
Black Guillemot: 84 in both breeding and winter plumages.