Date: 4/19/17 5:47 pm
From: Mary Beth Stowe <mbstowe...>
Subject: [texbirds] South Padre, Port Isabel Reservoir, & Laguna Atascosa
Hi, all!

Today Sally and Mike and I hit the Island; the forecast weather system
petered out, but we still had some nice things, the highlight being the
brilliant male Rose-breasted Grosbeak! The Brits were delighted with the
Least Bitterns and Clapper Rail that showed themselves, and the bitterns
very nicely scared a Marsh Wren out of hiding! :) Had our three little
plovers at the reservoir, and Green Jays galore at Laguna Atascosa! The
icing on the cake was an Aplomado Falcon that zoomed across the road in
front of us on the way out and sat on a post! I'm sure I'm forgetting
something, but for now the list today stands at 98 species!

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck

Mottled Duck

Blue-winged Teal

Redhead