Date: 4/19/17 4:58 pm
From: Hendrik Herlyn <hhactitis...>
Subject: [obol] Willamette Park (Corvallis) migrants this morning
Hello all,

I cruised the entire length of Willamette Park this morning, checking for
migrant action. Overall, things were rather slow, and I didn't encounter
any migrant flocks, but there was some scattered activity. Migrants
included:

Pacific-slope Flycatcher - 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 6
Orange-crowned Warbler - 11
Common Yellowthroat - 5
Yellow-rumped (Audubon's) Warbler - 2
Black-throated Gray Warbler - 3
Wilson's Warbler - 1

Also encountered a Green Heron, 22 Common Mergansers, a pair of Black
Phoebes (at the water treatment plant), a Lincoln's Sparrow and 3 Wrentits
(in 2 locations).

Full checklist can seen here:

Upon my return home, I heard and saw a singing Cassin's Vireo outside our
apartment on Witham Hill. Also present were a singing White-throated
Sparrow and a crisp, bright Gambel's White-crowned Sparrow on our patio (a
yard first for me).

Happy Spring Birding

Hendrik

--