Date: 4/19/17 2:33 pm
From: John Liller <john.liller...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Broad Meadow Brook Wildlife Sanctuary - 4/19/17
I recorded the following this afternoon (4/19/17) at the Broad Meadow Brook
Wildlife Sanctuary in Worcester. I began by walking the Troiano/Heron Pond
Loop and then went to the Frog Pond Trail and along Wilson Swamp.

Canada Goose (11 - 6 at Heron Pond and 5 at Wilson's Swamp)
Wood Duck (2 males and 1 female together at Heron Pond)
Mallard (11 - including pair at Frog Pond; the female was very dark, so
probably a hybrid)
Great Blue Heron (4 - it looks as though there may be two nests on the same
tree at Heron Pond, as one bird brought nesting material to a partially
built nest adjacent to the previous nest)
Red-tailed Hawk (1)
Mourning Dove (2)
Red-bellied Woodpecker (4)
Downy Woodpecker (7)
Hairy Woodpecker (2)
Northern Flicker (4)
Blue Jay (13 - including one carrying material)
American Crow (3)
NORTHERN ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOW (at least 10 at Heron Pond)
Tree Swallow (6 - all at Heron Pond)
Black-capped Chickadee (7)
Tufted Titmouse (8)
White-breasted Nuthatch (3)
Carolina Wren (1)
BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHER (2)
RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET (2)
Eastern Bluebird (1)
American Robin (24)
PALM WARBLER (1)
EASTERN TOWHEE (1)
Field Sparrow (1)
Song Sparrow (6)
White-throated Sparrow (3)
Northern Cardinal (5)
Red-winged Blackbird (39)
Common Grackle (60 - including several carrying material)
Brown-headed Cowbird (2)
House Finch (4)
American Goldfinch (6)
House Sparrow (23)