Date: 4/19/17 2:24 pm
From: Rodger Rang <rrang...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Eagle Marsh Bittern-- April 19 Early AM
This early morning was quite warm (~60F) and relatively calm, and the nearly half-moon was only partially hazed over with clouds.  So I ate breakfast overlooking the mid-section of Eagle Marsh, a portion of the property that has recently been treated with prescribed burning.  I was curious to hear if woodcocks were still using the area and found that at least two birds still were.  A special bonus during my very brief stop was hearing (finally, after several visits specifically for the species) the gunk-a-plunking of my FOS American Bittern.  It did only one series and was somewhat distant, but I won't nit-pick...this time.
Rodger RangFort Wayne

Join us on Facebook!