Date: 4/19/17 1:22 pm
From: Ed Maioriello <edm...>
Subject: [GABO-L] ORAS Field Trips This Weekend
*Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 6:00am*

The Oconee Rivers Audubon Society will be taking a field trip to Kennesaw
Mountain. We will likely join up with an Atlanta Audubon trip going on
there at the same time.

We will meet at the Shops of South Athens Shopping Center (behind the
Waffle House) on South Milledge near the bypass ready to leave at
6:00AM. *This
means you will want to arrive at least 5-10 minutes before 6:00AM.* We
will car pool in as few cars as we can manage. Katy Manley will be on hand
to coordinate the trip.

ORAS field trip and bird walks are open to the public and to birders of all
ages and experience levels. You will want to bring binoculars, water,
insect repellent and snacks if you so desire. You are encouraged to wear
practical shoes and dress for the weather. While the walk consists of
hiking up the road to the summit of the mountain and back down again, the
pace is leisurely and not particularly strenuous.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact Ed Maioriello at
fieldtrip AT oconeeriversaudubon.org or at 706-296-5275.

For more information about Kennesaw Mountain click here.
<http://www.atlantaaudubon.org/aaswww/indexsupport/sites.htm#kmt>

*Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 8:00am*

The Oconee Rivers Audubon Society will be hosting a bird walk at the State
Botanical Garden. We will be meeting in the Day Chapel parking lot. From
the main entrance just keep bearing left to find the Day Chapel lot.
Richard Hall will be leading this walk!

Our bird walks are open to the public. We typically run 3-4 hours though
birders may leave at their convenience. Easy to moderate walking. Please
dress for the weather, wear practical shoes, bring insect repellent and
snacks/water as desired.

If you have any questions please contact Ed Maioriello at
<fieldtrip...> or 706-296-5275.

For information about the State Botanical Garden click here.
<http://botgarden.uga.edu/>

IMPORTANT NOTE: On occasion, field trips may have to be cancelled (bad
weather, etc.) or important details may change (for example, the original
meeting spot for a site may have to be changed if there is a trail closure
or parking problem). If you plan to attend a birdwalk, ALWAYS check
www.oconeeriversaudubon.org the night before for updates.

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>