Date: 4/19/17 10:30 am
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Birding laughs
Well, Tom's post reminds me of a somewhat similar article in a birding
magazine some decades ago (sans profanity).
I still remember this one every time I see this bird, which is often:

"Violent-green Swallow"

accompanied by a drawing with a very fierce-swallow expression. I googled
this name but could not find the drawing, although quite a few people do
misspell 'Violet'.

One brighter observation: there is apparently no real danger of the
d***-a** f***** who created the dumb-bird page moving to our fair state.
Reference his Western Meadowjerk. Just another reason NOT to change our
state bird.

Anon.......

Reference: Tom Crabtree via freelists.org 10:10 AM (12 minutes ago) to OBOL

My daughter just sent me a link to the site Field Guide to Dumb Birds of
North America https://dumbbirdsfieldguide.tumblr.com/ . It is good for a
lot of laughs. The text despite its X-rated nature is spot on and is
accompanied by some primitive but accurate species renditions. It’s
definitely a good read after getting soaked looking for a rare bird that
never shows up.

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Tom Crabtree <tc...> wrote:

> My daughter just sent me a link to the site Field Guide to Dumb Birds of
> North America https://dumbbirdsfieldguide.tumblr.com/ . It is good for
> a lot of laughs. The text despite its X-rated nature is spot on and is
> accompanied by some primitive but accurate species renditions. It’s
> definitely a good read after getting soaked looking for a rare bird that
> never shows up.
>

> Tom Crabtree, Bend

Join us on Facebook!