Date: 4/19/17 10:26 am
From: MARLENECONDON--- via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Gray Catbird, male Rb Grosbeak, pair of Com. Grackles-west. Albemarle
Right now I have a Gray Catbird (rarely seen in my yard) feeding on suet.
It had also tried to get some sunflower bits but the feeder is only for
small birds (sigh).

A male Rose-breasted Grosbeak flew in to eat sunflower seeds right after
the catbird arrived.

And earlier this morning, I had a pair of Common Grackles (another bird
that is rarely seen here), with the male trying to impress the female in
EXACTLY the same way a male cowbird tries to impress his female (by putting his
wings up as if to make himself look larger)!!!!!

Oh, and a thrasher visited earlier this morning also.

Sincerely,
Marlene