Date: 4/19/17 9:41 am
From: Neil Hayward <opororniswarbler...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Mt. Auburn Cemetery - BBC Walk 4.19
Dear Massbirders,

A very cold walk this morning produced some nice birds, including
Ruby-crowned Kinglets which seemed to be everywhere. I had my personal
first of year Hermit Thrush and Eastern Towhee today, both near the Dell.
Also - an inquisitive Coyote made a brief appearance.

Full eBird list below.

Good birding,
- Neil

Neil Hayward
Cambridge, MA

Mt. Auburn Cemetery, Middlesex, Massachusetts, US
Apr 19, 2017 6:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
27 species (+1 other taxa)

Mallard 5
Wild Turkey 2
gull sp. 1
Mourning Dove 2
Great Horned Owl 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 3
Downy Woodpecker 3
Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) 2
Eastern Phoebe 2 Near Dell. Couldn't locate the usual pair at
Spectacle.
Blue Jay 8
American Crow 2
Black-capped Chickadee 5
Tufted Titmouse 6
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1 Dell.
White-breasted Nuthatch 4
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 6 Possibly an under estimate. They seemed to be
singing everywhere this morning!
Hermit Thrush 1 Entrance to Dell.
American Robin 30
Chipping Sparrow 12
Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored) 4
White-throated Sparrow 2
Song Sparrow 1
Eastern Towhee 1 Dell. Singing and calling. Briefly seen by leader.
Northern Cardinal 2
Red-winged Blackbird 2
Common Grackle (Bronzed) 35
Brown-headed Cowbird 6