Date: 4/19/17 7:55 am
From: Thomas Love <tlove...>
Subject: [obol] Re: the most Oregonian bird
A fun thought exercise, thanks Jonathan.

Tait ’s intriguing, creative statistical approach to the question, jiving as it does with Mike Patterson’s thoughts about HERMIT WARBLER, makes me recall my selection of Bruce Horsefall’s painting of HERMIT WARBLER to grace the cover the now long-forgotten issue of Oregon Birds (16:1) I edited, with wonderful help from a number of talented Oregon birders and other researchers, in 1990 "Oregon Birds in the Neotropics, or...Neotropical Birds in Oregon?”

That said, I favor keeping the WESTERN MEADOWLARK for all the reasons Dottie mentioned.

Tom

Join us on Facebook!