Date: 4/19/17 7:34 am
From: Kurt Schwarz <kurtschwarz4...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Jean Worthley.
The actual Hodge-Podge Lodge now resides at the Howard County
Conservancy/Mount Pleasant on Rt. 99 in Woodstock, MD. It's also a great
birding hotspot. See the Birding Howard County at the HowCo Bird Club's
webpage, howardbirds.com. Or Google "Howard County Conservancy."

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 8:08 AM Guineabird via Maryland & DC Birding <
<mdbirding...> wrote:

> Thanks Paul,
>
> Your memories of Jean are perfect.
> She was in good humor and always available to answer questions about any of
> Nature's details, insect, butterfly, animal, plant. .
> If she didn't know the answer, she knew who did.
>
> There are few others as knowledgeable.
> She will be missed.
>
> Thanks again for your tribute.
>
> Gail Frantz
>

> In a message dated 4/18/2017 11:41:00 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> <myconut...> writes:
>
> The M.O.S. has lost an enthusiastic and supportive birder, with the
> passing of Jean R. Worthley. Her obituary appeared yesterday (17 April) in
> the Balto. Sun. Long-time Baltimore area residents will remember her as
> "Miss Jean" of "Hodgepodge Lodge", a children's TV nature program of
> earlier times.
>
> I met her and husband Elmer when giving a slide presentation of Mushrooms
> of Maryland at their home on Bonita Ave., just next door to the MPT
> building (back of which was Hodgepodge Lodge!). In addition to her M.O.S.
> and other affiliations, she and Elmer made a number of appearances at the
> annual N.A.M.A.(N. Amer. Mycological Ass'n) annual forays, where we would
> again trade pleasantries. Her support of Cylburn(Mansion) and BBC birding
> activities, among other interests, is well known
>
> I personally have lost a valued friend of my generation, a person of
> exceptional intelligence and wit, who celebrated Life in all it's forms, in
> loving fashion on this planet Earth.
>
> Paul Noell
> Balto. MD
>
> --