Date: 4/19/17 7:29 am
From: Kurt Schwarz <kurtschwarz4...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Fwd: Tell Gov. Hogan to Protect Pollinator Habitat!
Dear Maryland Birders,

MOS is a part of the coalition to pass realistic controls on bird and
pollinator-toxic neonicotinoid pesticides in MD. We need the Governor to
sign another bill toward that goal. Please consider sending a message to
Governor Hogan asking to sign the Pollinator Habitat bill, which will keep
pesticides out of state-sponsored pollinator plots.

From foggy Denver,

Kurt Schwarz
Conservation Chair
Maryland Ornithological Society
<krschwa1...>
<kurtschwarz4...>

[image: Smart on Pesticides Maryland]Great news! Thanks to your endless
support, the Maryland General Assembly has passed important legislation
that will keep state pollinator habitat free of toxic pesticides!

The bill (SB 386/HB 830) requires that designated state pollinator habitat
be free of toxic pesticides known to harm bees, birds, butterflies and
other pollinators. This ensures we don't harm the very species we are
trying to protect.

Despite many attempts to weaken the bill, it passed with strong bipartisan
support.

*Your voice made a real difference! We can't thank you enough for your work
to protect pollinators in our state!*

Last year, your e-mails to the Governor helped make sure he allowed the
Pollinator Protection Act, restricting sales of bee-harming pesticides, to
become law. We've come so far, but there's still one thing left to do -- *help
us make sure this bill gets signed by Governor Hogan!
<http://www.capwiz.com/mpn/issues/alert/?alertid=76771626>*

Please click to contact the Governor's
<http://www.capwiz.com/mpn/issues/alert/?alertid=76771626> office today to
encourage him to sign the bill!

Don't hesitate -- ACT NOW to urge Governor Hogan
<http://www.capwiz.com/mpn/issues/alert/?alertid=76771626> to sign SB
386/HB 830 into law!.

<http://www.capwiz.com/mpn/issues/alert/?alertid=76771626>

Thank you!

*Don't miss a thing -- follow the action on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/MarylandPesticideNetwork>and Twitter
<http://www.twitter.com/PesticidesSmart>(@PesticidesSmart) for news about
pesticides and what you can do to help bees and pollinators survive and
thrive! *

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please click here
<http://capwiz.com/mpn/lmx/u/?jobid=305991506&queueid=11463245096>.

--
Kurt Schwarz
Ellicott City, Howard County