Date: 4/19/17 6:16 am
From: s byrd <mybyrdz5...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Re: 27 Heron Nests Nursery Rd. !
On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 8:30:47 AM UTC-4, s byrd wrote:
> Counted 27 Great Blue Heron nest last weekend at the Nursery road heronry found by my late friend Sykes a couple years ago . There may have been a dozen when he was checking them but I counted 27 from my car while sitting in a Hollins Ferry road parking lot . They will likely be unseeable from the car as soon as the trees fill in . Walking to them will take more stamina as they are surrounded by marsh . Located behind G and M restaurant in Linthicum in South West Baltimore . Was only able to see about a dozen herons from this view . Also can see the New Eagles nest from same vantage as it sits just a little bit away from the heronry .
>
> Saundra Byrd
> southwest Baltimore
> Happy Easter weekend !

Ok I know this is old news but I wondered all weekend (being without internet ) if I had written Hammonds Ferry or Hollins Ferry road. and so it is ... I wrote the wrong one . it was Hammonds ferry I was on not Hollins ferry . Ive always had to picture these in my head before speaking of them to make sure I say the correct one . One would think youd get them correct since you lived here your whole life . Grew up in Lansdowne . Wont be seeing much of them anymore as ill be moving to Eastern shore soon . Likely be reporting from there from now on.

Saundra byrd
Baltimore md.