Date: 4/18/17 9:29 pm
From: Jared Del Rosso <jared.delrosso...>
Subject: [cobirds] Turkey Vultures - w. Centennial - Arapahoe
At the end of an early-evening walk, my wife and I encountered 8 Turkey
Vultures adorning a tree in a neighbor's yard (across University Ave from
deKoevend Park in west Centennial). While it's not unusual to see these
birds passing over Centennial, I rarely encounter perched / roosting
vultures.

Other neighborhood birds...

Yesterday, I spotted my first two Swainson's Hawks of the year; the two
were soaring high over my yard. American Goldfinch, Blue Jays, and Say's
Phoebe (heard only) seem more regular around my yard than they were at this
time last year (my first in Centennial). A Townsend's Solitaire was in the
neighborhood yesterday, as was my first neighborhood Mourning Dove of the
year. Still waiting on my first yard / neighborhood House Wren of the year,
though I've had one at Willow Spring Open Space (4/15) and in the DU
neighborhood (Denver Co.) today this year. Looks like Mountain Chickadee is
a miss for me this winter / spring.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO