Date: 4/18/17 8:55 pm
From: David Suddjian <dsuddjian...>
Subject: [cobirds] Ken Caryl Valley - South Valley Park, JeffCo 4/18
An early *Orange-crowned Warbler* was in my front yard this morning, Ken
Caryl Valley. A pair of displaying *Cooper's Hawks *was prominent all day,
with the male catching a female Red-winged Blackbird

An *Eastern Phoebe* is still singing along Deer Creek where the tributary
flows in from the north at Deer Creek Canyon Road x Valley Road.

The marsh area in South Valley Park had a great show of *Wilson's Snipe* -
about 6 by my reckoning, with at least a few making extensive flights
around the area and winnowing, and lots of chipping going on from the
marsh. A *Swamp Sparrow *popped up in a weedy section of marsh in response
to my pishing.

Mann Reservoir in South Valley Park had a *Spotted Sandpiper,* a male *Wood
Duck*, and my first *Cliff Swallow* for the area this season.

The area between the Lyons and Dakota Formation hogbacks north of Ken Caryl
Ave (no public access) had my first *Rock Wren*, *Sage Thrasher* and *Vesper
Sparrow* for the Ken Caryl Valley this season, plus an *Osprey *which I see
only occasionally in the Valley.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO