Date: 4/18/17 6:18 pm
From: John Harley <ekjwh68...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Barred Owls
Prior to leaving town for a couple of weeks we were hearing a pair of Barred Owls calling frequently. They have usually been farther north of our place and only heard infrequently. Every night since our return (Sat) we have seen and heard the pair, which appear to be hunting along the edge of our yard in the trees bordering the Goshen Dam Pond. The seem to roost in evergreens on the north edge of our property and act dusk start calling actively and then start hunting. On several occasions they have chased squirrels but we haven't seen any successful catches. And they have been hunting as a pair, not separately. On occasion they have landed within 20 feet of our windows. I hope to get some photos, but it has been too dark most of the time.

John and Elaine Harley, <ekjwh68...>, Goshen, IN

Join us on Facebook!