Date: 4/18/17 5:28 pm
From: Carolyn A. Marsh <cmarshbird...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Illiana Birds: Black-necked Stilt
18 April 2017 - Linda and James Strange found a Black-necked Stilt at the
Wolf Lake 129th St. State Line Wetland. We saw it at different times; they
had it on the southeast and I had it north about the middle. A Sora is still
present. The tick season is terrible already; I picked off about 10 in the
area.

At the Hammond Bird Sanctuary was a Red-breasted Nuthatch at the feeder and
a House Wren on territory. I didn't walk through it. The woman gatekeeper
saw a dead Common Loon in the marina against the boulders and we removed it.
There was another one that was OK.

With a friend we opened the Purple Martin houses in Whiting Park. Maybe they
will return after a few absent years.

Carolyn Marsh, Whiting, Lake County

Join us on Facebook!