Date: 4/18/17 12:17 pm
From: Cox Family <towhee7...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Suspected w__w___ dove Burke County
Yesterday afternoon running errands around Waynesboro, I observed a dove
with an outspread white-banded tail. I particularly observed the tail since
that is a distinct feature to identify doves. It flew up from the side of
the road into trees/shrubbery. The tail was on the more rounded than
pointed spectrum. We have mourning doves and Eurasian collared doves
frequently at our feeders; this bird was neither. I couldn't stop at the
time but hope to go back to the area to see if it's still around. Looking
at Sibley 2003, my best guess is that it was a wh___-w____ dove. I'll
definitely be on the look out and ask my birding friends in town carefully
to check out doves they notice.

Karen Cox
Burke County

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>