Date: 4/18/17 8:41 am
From: paul noell <myconut...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Jean Worthley.
The M.O.S. has lost an enthusiastic and supportive birder, with the passing
of Jean R. Worthley. Her obituary appeared yesterday (17 April) in the
Balto. Sun. Long-time Baltimore area residents will remember her as "Miss
Jean" of "Hodgepodge Lodge", a children's TV nature program of earlier
times.

I met her and husband Elmer when giving a slide presentation of Mushrooms
of Maryland at their home on Bonita Ave., just next door to the MPT
building (back of which was Hodgepodge Lodge!). In addition to her M.O.S.
and other affiliations, she and Elmer made a number of appearances at the
annual N.A.M.A.(N. Amer. Mycological Ass'n) annual forays, where we would
again trade pleasantries. Her support of Cylburn(Mansion) and BBC birding
activities, among other interests, is well known

I personally have lost a valued friend of my generation, a person of
exceptional intelligence and wit, who celebrated Life in all it's forms, in
loving fashion on this planet Earth.

Paul Noell
Balto. MD